Tarts are always a very easy to make yet impressive to look at kind of desserts. This no bake Oreo and Strawberry tart is one such dessert. I made this tart just because I was too lazy to bake something and I really needed dessert, the only tough part about making this dessert is that you will have to wait for it to set in the fridge. But I promise it’s worth it. Only thing to keep in mind is that you need cream that has at least 35% fat content, or else it won’t set. Also you can change the ingredients if you’re dairy free or vegan, I’ll leave the substitutions below.
For the crust-
1 large pack + 1 small pack (150 g + 50 g) Oreo biscuits (crushed)
1 tbsp Cocoa/Cacao powder
45 g (about a little less than 1/4 cup) melted butter/ Coconut oil/ Vegetable shortening
For the filling:
200 ml (1 cup) Heavy cream (minimum 35% fat) or Coconut Cream
150 ml (about 1/2 cup) Sweetened Condensed milk (add more/less according to preferred sweetness)/ Dairy free alternative: Coconut condensed milk (see notes below)
50 g (1 small pack) Oreo biscuits (crushed)
200 g Fresh Strawberries
Lets assemble the tart!
1. Mix all the ingredients of the crust and set them on a greased 13×4″ tart mould and leave it in the refrigerator to set.
2. In a bowl, whip the chilled cream till it almost reaches stiff peaks, add the condensed milk and whip for about 45 seconds, then fold in the crushed oreo biscuits.
3. Fill the mixture into the prepared mould and let it set in the freezer for at least 3-4 hours
4. Place the strawberries on the set filling however you like and dust them with icing sugar.
1. Do not be impatient, let the tart set and only then cut into it, otherwise it will fall apart.
2. Chill your cream before whipping it. (if using coconut cream, refrigerate it for at least 24 hours before use so that the fat and water separate)
3. The recipe for coconut condensed milk can be found online if it’s not available where you live.