No fuss. No complex steps. Simple, delicious, fluffy pancakes are here!
125 ml milk of choice (I used oat milk) my best blogger friend Maria has a super easy recipe for home made oat milk here.
40 ml pure pumpkin puree
2 tsp apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
1 tbsp butter (you can use vegan butter or a neutral oil if you are dairy free)
85 g Whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 tbsp sweetener of choice – preferably not liquid (I used raw cane sugar)
- Add all the wet ingredients into one bowl and using a whisk, whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Sift in all your dry ingredients and fold in with a spatula, do not over-mix, some small lumps are okay.
- In a non stick skillet or if you have an electronic griddle over medium heat, smear some flavourless oil or butter and pour in the pancake batter according to the required size. This batter makes a small batch of pancakes, which feeds about two people, double the recipe if you want to feed more people.
- Once bubbles start to form evenly on the top of the pancakes, flip them and cook for about a minute.
- Serve warm with a dollop of cream cheese frosting or more butter or basically anything you love serving pancakes with. Drizzle a tonne of maple syrup and sprinkle some icing sugar on top. The best breakfast you will ever have is served!
Do try this out and let me know how it worked out for you.
If you like my photography and wonder where I get my inspiration from you should definitely follow me on Pinterest, I have many inspiration boards there. To see more of my photography work you should check out my Instagram and Facebook. I post everyday on my Instagram so you won’t miss a thing. And one last thing, if you are a resident of Ahmedabad and you want to devour any of my baked goods you can contact me here and we can talk ahead.
Leave a Reply