Easy and delicious are two of my favourite words! These cookies are the perfect things to have ready in a jar during the festive season. Serve them to guests or gift them to friends, it’s going to be happily accepted.
280 g all purpose flour
80 g castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt
225 g chopped unsalted butter
1 tsp Vanilla extract
For filling: Jam of choice/ Salted Caramel/ Ganache or any filling of choice
- In a food processor add all the ingredients and pulse till the mixture clumps up together.
- Once the clumps start forming, dump the mixture into a bowl and form it into a dough ball (Try not to over work the mixture), wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill it for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 175 C and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- On a well floured surface roll out the chilled dough using a rolling pin to about 1/4 inch thickness, using a cookie cutter of your desired size, cut out as many cookies as you can and place them on the cookie sheet. I used a 5 inch round cookie cutter and a heart cookie cutter which was smaller. To make the heart cut outs just cut the heart shape using the heart cookie cutter from half of your round cookies.
- You need not bake all the cookies straight away, you can chill the dough or freeze the dough to bake it off later.
- When baking, bake the cookies at 175 C for about 15 minutes or till they start to turn slightly golden brown on the sides. Remove the cookies and let them rest on the cookie sheet till they cool down completely, do not try to move them because they will break.
- Once the cookies are completely cooled, fill your favourite filling and ENJOYY!
Also, if you like my photography please follow me on Pinterest, InstagramFacebookInstagramone last thing, if you are a resident of Ahmedabad and you want to devour any of my baked goods you can contact me here and we can talk ahead.
I hope you guys try this recipe and have lots of fun with it. Until next time!