Hazelnut-choco chip Blondies!
I always thought that I am a Brownie person. Yes, believe me, I did. How wrong was I?! I cannot put into words how shocked I was when I tried a blondie. Seriously. After that, it was the age of experimenting and going wild with flavours! And this one is my most favourite batch yet.
I adore this recipe and I feel like you’re gonna love it too. Let’s make Blondies!!
180 g brown butter (I used salted butter, if you make brown butter using unsalted butter add a pinch of salt to it)
200g dark brown sugar
30 ml molasses
1/2 tsp instant coffee powder
3 tbsp milk
210 g all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
A little more than 1/4tsp baking soda
50 g dark chocolate chips (chocolate chips of choice)
50 g hazelnuts chopped
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 170°C, butter and line a 10×10 inch square baking pan.
- Browning the butter: In a medium-large sized saucepan, add the butter, place it on the stove on medium heat and let the butter melt, once it starts to bubble and boil, stir frequently to prevent scorching and keep doing this till you see the butter change colour to look almost like Caramel. It takes about 5 minutes. As soon as you see the butter has browned, take it off the heat and add your brown sugar and stir with a whisk.
- Once the sugar is incorporated, add the molasses and stir. Keep aside until the mixture is cool enough (don’t rush, wait for the liquid to cool). Add the eggs whisking after each addition and then add the vanilla. Whisk.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda, coffee powder mix it, halfway through mixing, add the milk, chocolate chips and hazelnuts. Mix until just combined, do not over mix.
- Pour into the greased and lined pan and bake for around 25-28 mins, keep checking after 24 minutes. Once a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, take it out, leave it to cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy!!!
- These last for up to 2 days at room temperature in an airtight container and can be refrigerated to keep longer.