Mocha Bliss Blondies
I have a confession to make… I think I love Blondies more than Brownies. I know I know I know, judge me. But, I am sure once you make these blondies, you will definitely reconsider. As you may already know, Sprig is one of my top favourite brands when it comes to quality gourmet ingredients especially for baking and I have used their products even before I started my blog. So, when a brand I love so much approaches me with their newly launched spreads, it is incredibly hard to resist. These blondies are a coffee lover’s delight and believe me when I say this, The Jar of Bliss i.e. the magical blend of cacao and coffee is absolutely divine and you have to try it to experience it.
There’s brown butter, cream cheese, coffee and all the goodness in these mocha bliss blondies. Super easy to make and super delicious.
195 g brown or burnt butter (room temperature)
40 g castor sugar
2 medium-large eggs
1 tbsp instant coffee/espresso dissolved in 3 tbsp warm milk
220 g all-purpose flour
A generous pinch of salt
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp Sprig Bourbon Vanilla Extract
Mocha Swirl: 75 g Cream cheese
110 g Sprig Jar of Bliss
3 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 175 C. Butter and line a 10×10 inch square pan.
- Sift all the dry ingredients, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, add the brown butter which is liquid but cooled to room temperature (to learn how to make brown butter refer to this recipe). Add both sugars and Vanilla and mix well. Add eggs one by one and whisk well.
- Now add the coffee dissolved in warm milk (shouldn’t be hot) and mix it in.
- Now add the dry ingredients and fold it in with a spatula till the ingredients are blended, do not over mix. Keep this aside.
- In another bowl, take your room temperature cream cheese and the Jar of Bliss spread with the sugar and mix it well.
- Add the blondie batter into the lined baking pan, now using a tablespoon, dollop this cream cheese mixture on this blondie batter spoonful by spoonful leaving some space between the dollops and using a butter knife, swirl through these dollops to create a design that pleases your eye.
- Bake this for about 25-30 minutes, keep checking after 25.
- Let the blondies cool in the pan, cut and serve!
These Blondies are pure bliss and I highly recommend you give these a go. Head over to Sprig’s website and get your ingredients, surprise your Valentine with this blissful treat!
Until next time!