White Chocolate, Malt Vanilla Cake. (With Cream Cheese frosting, almonds and fresh berries)
Hey guys! So it’s only March and we’re already experiencing literal summer heat. Summer translates into berries in my world and I’m all up for it! This cake is an absolute show stopper for your taste buds. I thought of this flavour combo and after a few drafts this recipe was born (Hahaha).
It’s a cake you can take to a family dinner or potluck. It’s easy to put together and decorate. Everything will be ready in 40 minutes maximum.
This is what you will need to make the cake: (Click links to buy)
150g unsalted butter
100g White chocolate
2 large eggs
40 g malt powder (Ovaltine or Milo or any malt powder you can find)
120 ml low fat cream
1 tbsp Vanilla extract
100g Castor Sugar
200g all purpose flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp salt
60g ground almonds
- Grease and line a 13×9 inch (click on the link to buy the pan I used) cake pan, preheat your oven to 175°C.
- Melt the white chocolate and butter in a double boiler, Keep aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs, sugar and whisk them well and vigorously until they turn pale in colour. Now add the vanilla, whisk well.
- Once the butter and chocolate mixture cool down, pour it into the egg mixture and whisk continuously.
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder and malt powder in a bowl.
- Add half of the flour, mix it in, then add the cream, mix again.
- Now add the remaining flour and ground almonds and fold the mixture in with a spatula.
- Once you no longer see any dry ingredients, pour in the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
For the frosting:
- Blend 150g cream cheese, 80g butter and 250-300g sifted icing sugar (vary depending on preferred consistency)
- Once you blend it for 3-4 minutes. Keep it aside and let the cake cool down completely before icing.
- Garnish with fresh fruits of choice.
Easy and delicious, I think I say that for most recipes on this blog. I hope you guys give this a try and enjoy it as much as we did.
If you want to buy the products I use, check out this page PRODUCTS
Until next time!