So, if you have been following this blog and Bakesalotlady’s Instagram for a while, you will know how important Chocolate is in this space.
These cookies are, if you’re a lover of chocolate and you love the chewy edges of a brownie. Search. No. More. This is the right place.
Extremely easy to make, doesn’t require a long baking time, these cookies are going to be your new favourite. I promise.
The things you’ll need for these cookies are: (click on the links to buy):
50 g unsalted butter
1/4th tsp baking soda
2 large eggs
60 g all-purpose flour
Sea salt flakes and walnuts for topping the cookies
- In a medium bowl, add the butter, chocolate and coffee powder. Melt it in the microwave or in a double boiler, till it is fully melted.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs, sugar, and vanilla and using a whisk or a hand mixer, mix for 3 minutes, till the mixture becomes pale and fluffy.
- Pour the cooled chocolate mixture and keep whisking continuously.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda and fold the dry ingredients in. Once you no longer see any dry ingredients, chill the dough for about 1 hour or until it is set enough to hold it’s scooped shape.
- Preheat the oven to 170 C, scoop out the dough using an ice cream scoop, sprinkle some walnuts on top of the cookie dough (the dough shouldn’t be runny). Bake the cookies for about 15-17 minutes or until the edges are set.
- Sprinkle the cookies with sea salt as soon as they are out of the oven, let them cool on the pan for 3-4 minutes and shift them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Eat them. LOVE THEM. MAKE THEM AGAIN.
Until next time!