So, if you have been following this blog and Bakesalotlady’s Instagram for a while, you will know how important Chocolate is in this space.
These cookies are, if you’re a lover of chocolate and you love the chewy edges of a brownie. Search. No. More. This is the right place.
Extremely easy to make, doesn’t require a long baking time, these cookies are going to be your new favourite. I promise.
The things you’ll need for these cookies are: (click on the links to buy):
50 g unsalted butter
2 large eggs
60 g all-purpose flour
- In a medium bowl, add the butter, chocolate and coffee powder. Melt it in the microwave or in a double boiler, till it is fully melted.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs, sugar, and vanilla and using a whisk or a hand mixer, mix for 3 minutes, till the mixture becomes pale and fluffy.
- Pour the cooled chocolate mixture and keep whisking continuously.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold the dry ingredients in. Once you no longer see any dry ingredients, chill the dough for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 170 C, scoop out the dough using an ice cream scoop and bake the cookies for about 15-17 minutes or until the edges are set.
- Sprinkle the cookies with sea salt as soon as they are out of the oven, let them cool on the pan for 3-4 minutes and shift them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Eat them. LOVE THEM. MAKE THEM AGAIN.
Until next time!