Lemon Loaf Cake!
Summer is my favourite season hands down! And other than mangoes I think any form of citrus makes me think of a bright sunny day at the beach! This loaf will take you just there, I promise.
I used lemon here but you are free to use any citrus fruit of your choice, I’m sure all of them will taste just as good. I always struggled with making a loaf that was tangy enough to my liking, if you’re someone who likes a nice tangy tart loaf cake, you’ve come to the right place, my friend. Let’s get baking.
Ingredients: (click links to buy)
210g all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
180g Castor Sugar
85 ml lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
3 tbsp lemon zest
110g unsalted butter softened at room temperature
200ml plain yoghurt
1 tbsp Vanilla extract
3 small-medium eggs
For the glaze: 150g sifted Icing Sugar + 2,3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (according to desired consistency)
- Grease and line a 9×5 loaf pan, keep aside. Preheat your oven to 170 C.
- Sift all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt) into a bowl.
- Using a stand mixer or a whisk, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, add the eggs one by one beating after each addition. Then add the vanilla.
- Add half of the dry ingredients, whisk well. Now add the yoghurt, lemon juice and zest. Mix well.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and fold it in using a spatula. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for around 40-50 minutes. A skewer inserted into the centre of the cake should come out clean, keep checking after 40-42 minutes.
- Once baked, let the cake cool in the loaf pan for at least 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, make the glaze by mixing the icing sugar and lemon juice till you reach your preferred consistency.
- Once the cake is warm to touch, remove from the pan onto a cooling rack and pour the glaze all over the cake. Let the cake cool to room temperature before serving and devouring! This cake stays fresh for up to 2-3 days when covered and refrigerated.
I hope you guys are doing well. I have been baking more these days and have felt really inspired, your constant support keeps me going. Thank you for being there for me.
Also QUICK NOTE: Now you can buy the products and ingredients I use by clicking on the links on the recipe ingredients list, you can also check out the products page to know what camera, oven etc I use.
Until next time!