It’s been a while since I have made cupcakes. No one can beat a good old Dark Chocolate Cupcake! If you know me, you’ll know that I cannot live without chocolate. These cupcakes have been requested over and over by you guys and I had been waiting for it to turn out perfectly and for a perfect opportunity to post these on the blog. I recently hit 11,000 followers on Instagram and what better occasion do I need to make these indulgent beauties? Those beautiful cupcake toppers you see are from capota.co and you can see how absolutely adorable they are! These guys have some really chic cake/cupcake toppers and you should definitely check them out.
Also, If you notice, I do not have that many cupcake recipes on this website. Why you ask? I am a huge sucker for good quality cupcake liners. I mean it. I have bought and used hundreds of cupcake liners over the past two years and I absolutely didn’t like any of them. And the decent ones have been very expensive, if I had to buy a decorative or fancy one then it wasn’t really worth the money. They would all either lose their colour in the oven, or they would peel off the cupcakes involuntarily or they would just look really bad. Maybe it’s me, but I wasn’t satisfied because I believe that the food should taste amazing, definitely, but it should also be a treat for the eyes.
Here comes the star of the show! These liners, they have my heart. When Saloni from capota.co showed me her cupcake liners, ah! I was in love! You’d be too! Just check them out here. I have used the metallic cupcake liners and I must say, their quality is super amazing, they do not fade in the oven or stick or peel off, they are a treat for the eyes just the way I like it. If you’re looking for beautiful, good quality cupcake liners, I will absolutely recommend that you check out their website.
As I have said before, I really support and love brands and companies who put a lot of thought, love and care to make valuable products for their customers and I was super impressed by these beauties. Right from the packaging to the product. I am satisfied and happy.
Let’s get to the recipe and make some gorgeous cupcakes, shall we?
Dark Chocolate Cupcakes
- 150 g Castor Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 120 ml Milk of choice
- 110 g Unsalted butter room temperature
- 200 g Dark Chocolate melted I used 70%
- 3 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Coffee powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 125 g All purpose flour
1. Preheat your oven to 175 C, line a 12-hole cupcake tin. I used these beautiful metallic liners here. Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl at 30 second intervals or over a double boiler, add the coffee granules and stir. Keep aside.
2. Sift all your dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside
3. Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy and add the vanilla, mix well. Now add in the melted chocolate and blend it in
4. Add half of the dry ingredients and gently fold in. Now add the milk and stir gently until well combined
5. Add the remaining half dry ingredients and stir till you see no more dry flour.
6. Pour into the cupcake liners almost all the way through and bake for around 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Let the cupcakes cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes and then remove them from the pan to cool completely. Frost with your favourite frosting. ENJOY!
I used the salted caramel buttercream recipe from this post.
Be sure to check out capota.co to buy your party products, you’re gonna love it.
Until next time!
*This is a sponsored post, but as always all opinions are my own.