Banana bread is life. Period.
I have so many variations for banana bread recipes that I cannot count on my fingers, so one by one I’m gonna share them with you guys. This one is studded with walnuts and chocolate chips and it is just absolutely divine. My favourite ways to have it is 1. Plain as it is or 2. Toasted and slathered with Nutella (heaven)
Chocolate Chip Walnut Banana Bread
- 113 g Burnt or Brown Butter (I used salted)
- 135 g Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 235 g All purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 100 g Chopped walnuts
- 100 g dark chocolate chips
- 320 g mashed ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
Make the burnt butter
- In a good quality saucepan, add the butter and keep stirring on medium heat till you see the butter change in colour, it will smell nice and nutty. Set aside to cool.
Make the banana bread
- Grease and line a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Preheat your oven to 175 C
- Mash up your bananas in a medium bowl, set aside.
- Blend the cooled down brown butter and coconut sugar for 2 minutes till light and fluffy, then add the eggs one by one, mixing well after each addition and then followed by the vanilla extract.
- Now add the mashed bananas and mix well.
- Sift in your flour, baking powder and baking soda and fold it gently into the butter mixture.
- Halfway through the mixing, add the walnuts and chocolate chips and fold until you no longer see any dry flour.
- Bake at 175 C for about 70 minutes, check after 60 minutes. If your banana bread is browning too much, cover the top loosely with some aluminium foil. Let the banana bread cool completely before devouring.
BUY INGREDIENTS UNITED STATES:
BUY INGREDIENTS INDIA:
Until next time!