Hey guys! How are you doing? University and assignments have taken over my life big time. But there was a little recipe that i had to share with you guys. It’s our latest favourite. Let me tell you, this cake is an absolute show stopper and a delight for your taste buds. I thought of this flavour combo and after a few drafts this recipe was born (Hahaha).
It’s a cake you can take to a family dinner or potluck. It’s easy to put together and decorate. Everything will be ready in 40 minutes maximum.
This is what you will need to make the cake: (Click links to buy)
150g unsalted butter
100g White chocolate
2 large eggs
40 g malt powder (Ovaltine or Milo or any malt powder you can find)
120 ml low fat cream
1 tbsp Vanilla extract
100g Castor Sugar
200g all purpose flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp salt
60g ground almonds
- Grease and line a 13×9 inch (click on the link to buy the pan I used) cake pan, preheat your oven to 175°C.
- Melt the white chocolate and butter in a double boiler, Keep aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs, sugar and whisk them well and vigorously until they turn pale in colour. Now add the vanilla, whisk well.
- Once the butter and chocolate mixture cool down, pour it into the egg mixture and whisk continuously.
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder and malt powder in a bowl.
- Add half of the flour, mix it in, then add the cream, mix again.
- Now add the remaining flour and ground almonds and fold the mixture in with a spatula.
- Once you no longer see any dry ingredients, pour in the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
For the frosting:
- Blend 150g cream cheese, 80g butter and 250-300g sifted icing sugar (vary depending on preferred consistency)
- Once you blend it for 3-4 minutes. Keep it aside and let the cake cool down completely before icing.
- Garnish with fresh fruits of choice.
Easy and delicious, I think I say that for most recipes on this blog. I hope you guys give this a try and enjoy it as much as we did.
If you like my photography please follow me on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. I post every day on my Instagram so you won’t miss a thing.
If you want to buy the products I use, check out this page PRODUCTS
Until next time!
Hi…just wanted to confirm if it’s milk chocolate or white chocolate…thanks
Thank you for bringing it to my notice, it was a typing error, it is white chocolate.