So, there is a complete chance that I am obsessed with Banana Bread. It’s hard to resist the urge to make banana bread every other day because I always have bananas lying around the house. This recipe is so easy that I could cry! I stumbled upon a Banana and Olive oil Cake recipe and I knew I had to adapt it into my own version. If you have a blender this bread will be ready under 45 minutes!
I love the fact that this recipe uses, natural sugars, healthy fats and whole wheat flour. You can eat this bread for breakfast and not feel guilty.Jump to Recipe
Banana Bread (Dairy free, Healthy)
- 95 ml Coconut oil (melted if it’s solid)
- 3 large eggs
- 120 g powdered jaggery
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium-large ripe bananas
- 90 g whole wheat flour
- 90 g all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds (for sprinkling on top)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 C, grease and line a standard (9×5 inch) loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift the flours, baking powder, spices and salt. Set aside.
- Add the oil, eggs, powdered jaggery, vanilla and bananas into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Create a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the blended liquid into it. Mix gently until well combined, do not over mix.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle the top with black sesame seeds. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Let the loaf cool inside the pan for at least 20 minutes before removing and letting it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice and serve with a hot cup of coffee or tea. Or, slather on some homemade salted caramel sauce to make it dessert worthy.
I hope you enjoy this bread as much as we all did. If you do make this recipe, click a picture and share it on your social media by tagging me at #bakesalotlady. I would love to see your creations!
Until next time,