So, this is the second Banana Bread recipe this month, is it obvious that I am crazy about Banana Bread? I mean, if you ask me.. Maybe? Come on! Who can resist the incredible combination of Chocolate and Bananas? add a little bit of nutella on it and I’m sold!
This recipe is for those days when you have to have something indulgent and delicious and rich but also want to put something healthy in your belly. This bread has less than 10 ingredients! Say what??? I mean if that’s not enough to make you want to try this recipe then I don’t know what will. Well, no pressure, it’s just dessert that is really delicious and practically healthy. Just sayin’.
Key things about this recipe:
- Bananas: Use nice and ripe bananas for maximum flavour and sweetness. If you have bananas that are too ripe to eat, they’re perfect for this bread.
- Palm sugar: I used palm sugar in this bread but you can use any powdered sugar of choice that you are comfortable with, just adjust the quantity accordingly.
- Oil: You should preferably use a neutral flavoured oil so that it doesn’t interfere with the taste of the final bread.
- Milk: You are free to use any type of milk that you like to drink on it’s own.
- Cocoa: This will make or break your bread. Do not use Chocolate milk powder please. Use the best quality unsweetened cocoa powder you can find, it will make a world of a difference.
This recipe is easy, delicious and healthy. And, best of all! It can be made in a food processor. Perfect Banana Bread for all your cravings!
- 350 g Ripe Bananas (Approx. 4 medium bananas)
- 60 ml Vegetable oil (I used Sunflower)
- 150 g Palm sugar (you may use jaggery powder, coconut sugar or any powdered sweetener of choice)
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 120 ml non-dairy milk
- 180 g whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 50 g cocoa powder
In a large food processor, add the bananas, milk, oil, vanilla, salt and sugar. Blend until smooth.
Sift in the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and cocoa) and just pulse the mixture until smooth. Do not over mix.
If you don't have a food processor, you can do this in a bowl, just use a fork to mash the bananas and mix the ingredients with a whisk and a spatula.
Grease and line a standard loaf pan (9×5 or 8.5×3.5 inch). Pour the prepared mixture into the loaf pan and bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Let the bread cool to the touch in the pan itself on a wire rack before inverting it out to cool completely. Slice it only after it is completely cool.
Store the banana bread in the refrigerator. You can have it cold or warm it up in the microwave. I love having mine cold with a dollop of nutella (you can use any vegan alternative)
Shop the ingredients I used (India):
I hope you try this recipe, it’s a keeper. You’ll love it I promise! If you do make this, please click a picture and share it on your social media with the #bakesalotlady I would love to see your creations.
Until next time!