It is finally here! The most requested, the most awaited recipe since I started this blog. Eggless fudgy brownies are here with the classic crackled crust.
Please follow this recipe exactly as directed. There are no substitutes for any ingredients. Please make sure that the sugar dissolves completely and do not use compound chocolate. Ensuring that the sugar dissolves completely and using good quality, real chocolate is essential to get the crackly top.
Also, I have exciting news for you guys! Now you can click on this link and get 30% DISCOUNT on your Annual paid membership on Skillshare, just click on this link or on the image below: https://skillshare-ambassador.pxf.io/c/2411272/1082974/11648
Eggless Chocolate Brownies
- 220 g chopped dark chocolate (NOT COMPOUND) minimum 55% cocoa solids
- 70 g butter (if using salted butter, omit the salt)
- 200 g sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 ml water OR milk
- 25 ml greek yoghurt (dahi, strained to remove excess water)
- 150 g plain all-purpose flour
- 20 g cornflour
- 7 g cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 175 ºC and line an 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Heat the milk/water in a microwave safe bowl, then add the sugar and stir till it dissolves completely. THIS IS IMPORTANT, please do not skip this step. The milk/water should not be boiling hot. Just warm enough for the sugar to dissolve.
- Now in a separate microwave safe bowl add the chocolate and butter, heat it in 15 second increments, stirring every time till it melts completely.
- Add the melted chocolate-butter mixture to the sugar mixture. Gently stir to combine. Now add the yoghurt & vanilla and stir till well combined and smooth.
- Sift in the flour, cornflour, cocoa powder, and salt. Whisk to combine, do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking tin and smooth out the top.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven at 175C for about 24 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out with some half-baked batter and many moist crumbs attached.
- Let the brownies cool completely at room temperature before slicing and serving.
Hi anjali…LOVELY RECIPE!Just wanted to check if we should bake with both rods on?
Hi! Thank you! And you only keep both rods on while preheating. While baking only keep the bottom rods on. 🙂
Heyy is the batter consistency supposed to be liquidy ?
Hi! The batter will be fairly liquid as in, it will be flowy and not like cookie dough. Imagine a thick pound cake batter like consistency. I have a reel on Instagram where you can check the consistency on video if you like. 🙂
Madhura P says
Whats the baking time for cooker!!
Hi, I have not tried to make this recipe in a cooker so I will not be able to give the exact time but it should be approximately similar baking time as the oven.
hello, may i confirm it’s only 7g of cocoa powder used? thanks 🙂
Hey!😊 Yes it is 7 g of unsweetened cocoa powder. Hope it helps. Thank you!
Kriti Goel says
Heyyy ! I tried your recipie out. The brownie tasted amazing but i dint get the crispy top. Could you think of the reason for the same ,
Hey Kriti! So glad you liked it. For the crackled top it is extremely essential that the sugar dissolves completely, 100% before you proceed with the next step. The dissolved sugar leads to the crackled top. Hope this helps 🙂
Hi Anjali, just wanted to confirm that this recipe calls for ‘powdered sugar’ and not granulated (or castor sugar), right? Also, love that you’re such a pro at baking but have not qualms posting about your baking fails, which not all pros do!
Hi Priyanka! Yes, it calls for powdered sugar, just for ease of dissolving. You can use castor sugar too, it will just take a little longer to dissolve. And, I am so happy you enjoy the baking fails, although I have been baking for so many years I fail so many times hahaha.