Egg replacer: Click here to buy
Oreo Cheesecake with Nutella topping (Eggless recipe option)
Servings 1 8 inch cheesecake
- 240 g Oreo biscuits (with filling) – roughly 23 cookies
- 40 ml Melted salted butter
- 360 g full fat cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 large Eggs or egg replacer (linked above and below)
- 150 g caster sugar
- 125 ml full fat yoghurt
- 100 ml cream (30% or 20% fat)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 7 g cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100 g crushed oreo biscuits (with filling)
- 20 g corn-flour
- 1/4 cup Nutella
Make the crust:
- Prepare an 8 inch round spring form pan by lightly greasing it with butter or a flavourless oil. Cover the exterior of the pan with aluminum foil just to catch any spills and place this on a baking tray so its easier to move the pan around.
- In a food processor add your oreo cookies and blitz until you reach a fine crumb. Add the melted butter and pulse till everything is moistened. Now, press this mixture firmly into a greased 8″ spring form pan, you may let it come up the sides. Set this aside.
- Just roughly clean out the food processor and preheat your oven to 150C
- Add your room temperature cream cheese and oreo biscuits into the food processor and blend for about 30 seconds, let the cream cheese and the biscuits break down.
- Now add the yoghurt and sugar, blend again for a few seconds.
- Scrape the inside of the food processor from time to time. Now pour the cream, eggs (or egg replacer prepared according to instructions) and vanilla, blend for a few seconds until smooth.
- Sift in your corn-flour, cocoa powder and salt. Pulse to combine.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared spring form pan, make sure your filling is as smooth as possible.
- Bake at 150C for roughly 55 minutes or until the edges are set and the center of the cheesecake jiggles when you shake it gently. Let the cheesecake rest in the oven for around 3 hours and refrigerate overnight before removing from the pan.
- Slather the top with nutella before cutting and serving.