This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Azafran, as always I only promote products that I personally use.
Garam Masala Gingerbread Cupcakes
- 150 g all purpose flour
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g brown sugar
- 150 ml Azafran ghee
- 3 small eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 10 ml molasses
- 60 ml Azafran Honey infused with ginger
- Line a 12 hole cupcake tin with liners and preheat the oven to 175C.
- In a small bowl crack the eggs, add the vanilla, molasses and the Azafran honey infused with ginger and mix well until it becomes smooth and combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add the flour, salt, garam masala, baking soda, baking powder, brown sugar and ghee. Mix on low speed till the flour looks like wet sand.
- Now add half of the wet ingredients and mix on medium-high speed for exactly one minute.
- Now add the remaining wet ingredient mixture and mix for another 30-45 seconds on medium high speed. Do not over-mix. The batter will be fairly liquidy.
- Pour the cupcake batter evenly into the prepared tin and bake for approximately 33 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting them with your favourite frosting or feel free to have them as is.
Excellent with cream cheese frosting ♥