This is a sponsored post in Collaboration with Matshiro Flavours. As always, I only recommend products that I personally use on a regular basis. All opinions are 100% honest.
Hey you! So glad to have you here. It’s the end of February and I hope you are keeping well, I hope you are happy and safe. Today I have an extremely delicious recipe that I have made in collaboration with Matshiro Flavours, they are a sister brand of Ossoro flavours (who’s extracts are a staple at our home). The Matshiro line is an advanced range of pure, potent extracts and I am extremely impressed by the quality. I have used the Saffron Extract in this recipe and I think it is as good as using actual strands of saffron in the recipe because of how true the flavour is. Another fact that I really like about this extract is that it is very well formulated and so you only need a few drops. One bottle will last you a very long time. If you are looking for an excellent saffron flavour extract that tastes just as good as the real thing, I truly urge you to give this one a shot.
This recipe is absolutely eggless, it tastes so rich and luscious that you might actually eat the whole thing in one go. The addition of strawberries makes the cheesecake really chic, the slight tartness pairs really well with the creaminess of the cheesecake.
A few questions that may come up:
Can I use digestive biscuits instead of Oreos?
Yes you may but you might have to adjust the quantity of butter in the crust.
Do I need a water bath to bake this cheesecake?
No, you do not need a water bath to bake this cheesecake. However, a PRO TIP: You can place the spring form pan on a baking sheet and also cover the outer portion of the pan with foil to catch any spilling.
What cream do I use?
You can use a heavy or light cream, whichever you have on hand,
How do I know my cheesecake is done?
When you reach the 50 minute mark, check the cheesecake by slightly moving it. If there is a light jiggle in the center, you can turn off the oven and you need to let the cheesecake cool inside the oven completely and you HAVE to refrigerate the cheesecake to ensure it doesn’t fall apart.
Where can I buy the Saffron Extract?
You can buy it from amazon. Click here to buy.
Eggless Saffron Pistachio & White Chocolate Cheesecake
- 120 g oreo biscuits
- 50 g raw pistachios out of the shell
- 2 tbsp melted butter unsalted
- 360 g room temperature cream cheese
- 50 g white chocolate melted and cooled to room temperature
- ½ tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 4-6 drops Matshiro Saffron Extract
- 50 ml condensed milk
- 60 g caster sugar
- 60 ml full fat yogurt
- 50 ml low fat cream
- A pinch of salt
- 30 g cornflour
Make the crust –
- Blitz the oreos and pistachios in a food processor till it becomes a fine powder.
- transfer it to a bowl and add the melted butter. Mix till the crumbs are moistened and press this into a 6-inch tall, round spring form pan. Set this aside.
Make the filling –
- Preheat your oven to 160 C. In a microwave safe bowl, take your white chocolate and melt it in the microwave in 10 second increments.
- Set aside to cool to room temp.
- Now, in a medium-large bowl add your room temperature cream cheese, caster sugar and salt, using a whisk whip the mixture until very smooth.
- Now add the condensed milk, freshly grated lemon zest and yogurt and mix it in.
- Once the chocolate is cooled, gently pour it into this cream cheese mixture while whisking constantly.
- Sift in your cornflour and whisk until combined.
- Finally add 4-6 drops of the Matshiro Saffron extract followed by the cream and mix it gently till smooth.
- Pour this cheesecake filling into the prepared spring form pan and bake it for 60-90 minutes or until the center is slightly jiggly. You can place the spring form pan on a baking sheet while placing in the oven to catch any spillage or even cover the exterior of the pan with foil. Make sure if you are covering the spring form pan in foil, do it on step one, before pressing in the crust.
- Let the cheesecake stay in the oven with the door slightly ajar for another
- 2 hours and refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and serve.