These cupcakes are so summery and bright. It is perfect for the gloomy winter days that await us. They are eggless, filled with fresh strawberries in the cupcake, topped with even more strawberries. It is also a small batch recipe, which means it makes enough for you and there are no leftovers.Jump to Recipe
What kind of cupcake pan do you use?
I use this one and I love it. It is non-stick and it gives good sized cupcakes (US measurement). It is a little expensive but 100% worth the money.
Can I skip the condensed milk?
The condensed milk is a crucial ingredient in this recipe. I would request you to not omit it. You can however skip the almond essence.
What did you use to frost the cupcakes?
I used my favourite frosting recipe that I am developing. I will be launching a very affordable course for it super soon!
Eggless Vanilla & Strawberry Cupcakes (Small batch)
- 120 g All purpose flour or maida
- 50 g Castor Sugar
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 60 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 40 g softened unsalted butter
- 80 ml milk
- 45 ml yoghurt or dahi
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Almond extract (optional)
- 100 g chopped fresh strawberries
Frosting of your choice
- Line a 6-cup cupcake pan (US Size pan, linked above) and preheat your oven to 170C.
- In a medium-large bowl add your butter and sugar, whisk until combined. Now pour in your condensed milk and whisk for 30 seconds.
- Once smooth, add the yoghurt and mix well, followed by the milk, vanilla extract and almond extract. Mix well.
- In the same bowl, sift your flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gently whisk until the batter becomes smooth. Do not over mix.
- Using an icecream scoop (35g) portion out the batter into the prepared cupcake mould.
- Now using a spoon, put the chopped strawberries on top of the scooped batter- one teaspoon each. Using the remaining batter in the bowl, spoon it to cover the strawberries.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting with your favourite buttercream and decorating with freshly chopped strawberries.
Leave a Reply