This is the easiest recipe for eggless oatmeal raisin cookies. They are chewy, bursting with chocolate pools, and they are ready in less than 30 minutes.Jump to Recipe
What are the ingredients you need for eggless oatmeal raisin cookies?
You only need eleven ingredients for these cookies.
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
Can I substitute any of the ingredients?
I would not recommend that. I have tried to use easily available ingredients in this recipe and changing any of them might yield different results.
My cookies spread too much!
If your batter too liquidy that might happen. Some flours don’t absorb moisture that much and so the cookie might spread too much. You can add 2-3 tbsp more of oats to the cookie dough or even refrigerate it for 20-30 minutes to reduce spreading.
Eggless Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 72 g Salted butter (softened to room temperature)
- 100 g Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 42 g Yoghurt or dahi
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 80 g All-purpose flour
- 100 g Rolled oats
- 7 g cornstarch or Cornflour
- 1/4 cup golden raisins (more if needed)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (more if needed)
- In a medium sized bowl, whip your room temperature butter and brown sugar for 2 minutes.
- Now add the yoghurt and vanilla, whisk really well until incorporated.
- Sift your flour, ground cinnamon and baking soda into the butter mixture. Then add the oats. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Halfway through the mixing add the raisins and chocolate chips.
- Mix until the cookie dough comes together, do not overmix.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper. Using an icecream scoop, portion out the cookie dough on to the sheet.
- Let the dough sit on the counter for around 5-10 minutes while your oven preheats to 170 C.
- Bake your cookies for anywhere between 15-20 minutes depending on the size of your cookie. Baking time also effects texture.
- Once baked, let the cookies cool on the tray and devour!