Eggless Red Velvet Marble Cake
Luscious Vanilla Cake and Red velvet cake batters swirled together to make the prettiest, delicious marble cake.
Servings 1 loaf
- 1 loaf pan
- 195 gram All purpose flour or maida
- 75 gram Superfine Sugar or castor sugar
- 1½ teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt leave if using salted butter
- 90 gram sweetened condensed milk
- 60 gram butter unsalted, softened to room temperature
- 60 gram cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 120 gram milk
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon red gel food colour
- 2 tablespoon yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
Makes: 25.1cm25.1 x 11cm rectangle, 5.5cm height
- Grease and line a 1/2 kg (or 1 pound) loaf pan and preheat your oven to 175C.
- In a medium-large bowl add your butter, cream cheese and sugar, whisk until combined. Now pour in your condensed milk and whisk for 30 seconds.
- In the same bowl, sift your flour, baking powder and salt. Gently mix.
- Now add the milk & vanilla extract to this batter.
- Gently whisk until the batter just comes together. Do not over mix.
The red velvet portion:
- Pour half of this batter into another clean bowl and add the yoghurt, sifted cocoa powder and red gel food colour in one bowl. Gently fold until just combined.
- If the vanilla batter is too thick, you can add one or two tablespoon of milk and fold it in to combine,
- REMEMBER, do not over mix your batter.
- Using a spoon, add portions of the cake batter, alternating between the vanilla and red velvet cake batter till you run out of it. Take a knife or a skewer and gently swirl it to your liking, do not swirl too much or else the batters will end up mixing. Alternatively you can also fill the batter into two piping bags and pipe dollops of it alternately and swirl.
- Bake in a preheated oven for approx 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Depending on the temperature of your oven and the type of pan you use, the baking time can vary a few minutes so check after 25 minutes.
- Let the cake cool in the pan before removing and slicing.
- Cup measurement: Butter is measured after melting
- Nutrition value is auto calculated
Sodium: 1652mg | Calcium: 963mg | Vitamin C: 3mg | Vitamin A: 1379IU | Sugar: 137g | Fiber: 6g | Potassium: 966mg | Cholesterol: 117mg | Calories: 1642kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Fat: 38g | Protein: 38g | Carbohydrates: 289g | Iron: 10mg