- Please make sure your sugar dissolves in the yoghurt completely
- The number of cookies will depend on the amount of cookie dough you use for each cookie
- I recommend baking one cookie first to check and gauge the baking time for your favourite texture
- I will not recommend freezing/chilling this dough
- If you use less Nutella it will not yield the ooey gooey center because the Nutella will bake into the cookie.
- When the cookies are out of the oven, I recommend banging the tray on your counter a few times (not too vigorously). This gives really defined crinkles.
Eggless Nutella stuffed Brownie Cookies (with crackled top)
These are the literal pieces of HEAVEN. Intense chocolate cookies with the most amazing nutella center. You will be obsessed.
Servings 6 cookies
- 75 gram dark chocolate use real dark chocolate at least 60% dark
- 25 gram unsalted butter
- 90 gram icing sugar not powdered sugar
- 30 millilitre yoghurt dahi
- 75 gram all purpose flour
- 5 gram cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda (slightly heaped)
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
Nutella for filling
- Scoop out around 6 mounds/blobs of Nutella into thick discs (around 1.5- 2 tbsp each) on a parchment lined baking sheet and place them in the freezer till frozen solid. Depending on your freezer it can take anywhere between 20 minutes to 1-2 hours.
- Next, in a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate and butter. Set aside.
- Add the yoghurt and sugar in a separate bowl, stir for at least 3-5 minutes till the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture is smooth (this step is important).
- Now line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set it aside. And preheat your oven to 175C.
- Add the melted butter and chocolate to the yoghurt mixture.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt into this.
- Gently fold the mixture until a soft dough forms. Do not overmix.
- Now take some dough into your hand and roll it into a ball around 2 tablespoons. Press the dough slightly in the center to create an ident the size of your Nutella disc. Now take one frozen Nutella disc and place it in the indent. Take some more cookie dough (around 1 tbsp) and gently press it on top of this Nutella disc. Gently press across the circumference to seal the Nutella in the center between the dough. You can press down the cookie dough a little to help it spread in the oven. Leave enough space between the cookies.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes depending on the size of your dough. The longer you bake, the crispier the cookie will get.
NOTE: If you use less Nutella, you won't get that ooey gooey center because the Nutella will end up baking into the center of the cookie and will only look like a thin line. It will still taste delicious.
It is important to use icing sugar, you can try using powdered sugar but kindly ensure that it dissolves completely.
* Please follow the recipe exactly. If you make any substitutions or changes I will not be able to guarantee same results * Nutritional values are calculated automatically *Optional serving:
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 101mg | Potassium: 93mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 2mg