This cake was so loved on my Instagram that all you guys wanted an eggless version of it. I know it took me a while but you are going to LOVE this recipe.
NOTES or Questions you may have
Can I use any other oil?
Yes. But please use an oil that does not have a strong flavour or else the cake will have that taste.
Can I use melted butter instead?
No. Please only use oil.
What kind of milk can I use?
You can use regular dairy milk or UNSWEETENED vegan milk. Full fat version would be better.
Can I use regular sugar instead of brown sugar?
Yes, but use one with really small granules.
Can I skip cornflour?
No, it is extremely important.
How to ensure my cake does not dry out?
If you live somewhere, where the weather is very dry and your cake tops become too hard. When you take the cake out of the oven, while it is still hot, cover the cake pan with a foil completely – make sure it doesn’t touch the top of the cake or else it will stick to the foil. Let the cake cool down completely like this. This will trap the steam & keep it moist.
How to store the cake?
Slice the cooled cake and keep it in an airtight container for 2-3 days at room temperature provided it is max around 30C where you live.
Eggless Cappuccino (or) Coffee Cake
- 2-3 tbsp instant coffee/espresso powder (reduce the amount to 1 tbsp if you don't like a strong coffee taste)
- 160 gram all purpose flour
- 20 gram cornstarch/cornflour
- 125 gram brown sugar (you may use caster sugar)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 70 millilitre flavourless oil I used sunflower
- 200 millilitre milk (hot or warm helps to dissolve coffee & sugar better) full fat
- 1 teaspoon vinegar white or apple-cider
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease & line a 7 inch loaf pan and preheat your oven to 175C
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cornstarch in a bowl and set it aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the hot milk and instant coffee/espresso powder. Mix to dissolve. Now add the sugar and oil. Whisk until well combined.
- Once the sugar is well dissolved in the milk, add the vinegar. Now stir one more time.
- Create a well in the bowl with the sifted dry ingredients and pour this wet mixture into it. Gently whisk until combined. Do not over mix.
- At this point before your batter is completely mixed, you can add up-to 1/2 cup of finely chopped nuts of choice if you want.
- Pour this batter into the prepared loaf pan & bake at 175 C for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool inside the pan on a wire rack. Once it is cooled completely, slice and enjoy! (For a super moist cake, read the notes above the recipe)
Leave a Reply