1. Preheat your oven to 175 C, line a 12-hole cupcake tin. I used these beautiful metallic liners here. Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl at 30 second intervals or over a double boiler, add the coffee granules and stir. Keep aside.
2. Sift all your dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside
3. Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy and add the vanilla, mix well. Now add in the melted chocolate and blend it in
4. Add half of the dry ingredients and gently fold in. Now add the milk and stir gently until well combined
5. Add the remaining half dry ingredients and stir till you see no more dry flour.
6. Pour into the cupcake liners almost all the way through and bake for around 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Let the cupcakes cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes and then remove them from the pan to cool completely. Frost with your favourite frosting. ENJOY!
I used the salted caramel buttercream recipe from this post.