Cheesecakes are like the best thing ever! I mean, what’s not to love? Creamy cheesy goodness that melts in the mouth and takes me to heaven and back? TAKE MY MONEY!
This was just a trial recipe but it turned out so well that I wrote it down in my recipe collection book. It’s every cheesecake lover’s dream come true. Make it to find out how amazing it is!
10-12 crushed oreo cookies (use according to preference of thickness of crust)
3-4 tbsp melted unsalted butter
1 tbsp nutella
For the filling:
1 (8 ounce pack/225 g) Cream cheese
100 g Mascarpone cheese
50 g unsalted butter (softened)
2 small eggs
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp sugar (either plain or brown)
a pinch of salt
5 tbsp Nutella + 3-4 tbsp for swirling
1/4 cup yogurt
2 tbsp cornflour
2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 175°C/350°F. Grease a 7 inch round spring form cake pan or any cake tin with a loose bottom (for taking the cheesecake out easily) with some melted butter. Cover the bottom of the tin with aluminium foil.
- In a bowl, mix the crushed oreo cookies, melted butter and nutella till everything is moistened and transfer this mixture into the greased pan. Use your hands or a spoon to press this mixture down tightly. Bake this crust for 10 minutes and keep it on a wire rack once out. Reduce the oven temperature to 145°C.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl add your cream cheese and mascarpone cheese and blend it till the mixture is smooth (you can use either a hand held mixer or standing mixer)
- Add your vanilla, sugar, nutella, melted butter, yogurt and blend. Lastly add the eggs, don’t blend too much after the addition of eggs, just blend until the eggs are well incorporated.
- Sift in the cornflour and salt. Fold in with a spatula. Pour this mixture into the baking tin, add dollops of nutella randomly and use a butter knife to swirl as your heart desires.
- Once you’re happy with the swirls, bake the cheesecake at 150°C for about 45-60 minutes or until the cheesecake is almost set but has a slight jiggle in the center. Once it reaches this stage, turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake inside the oven keeping the door of the oven slightly open. Leave it in there for about an hour or until it reaches room temperature. Once it reaches room temperature, leave it in the refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours, then it is ready to serve! ENJOY!
The cheesecake can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Ensure that your oven temperatures are accurate.
- You can increase or reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe to your preference.
- You can modify the crust according to your liking by using the biscuits available to you.
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and Facebook to stay updated on our delicious food journey, and if you make this recipe then do post a picture and use the hashtag #bakesalotlady on Instagram! If you have any queries and/or feedback you can also go to the contact section of this website and get in touch 🙂