I have never come across a person who doesn’t like a good old oatmeal raisin cookie (YET.) I absolutely love them, they’re just so chewy and soft and heartwarming, I cannot stop eating them once I take a bite. This one has a beautiful combination of sweet white chocolate chips and tart cranberries and cherries; a hint of spice etc. In short, it’s perfect for the holiday season as an edible gift or to serve your guests or basically any time of the year. So, Let’s get baking!
113 g soft unsalted butter
A pinch of salt
100 g dark brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
95 g plain flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground cloves
120 g rolled OR quick cooking oats
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup dried sour cherries
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1 tsp orange zest
- Preheat your oven to 175°C and line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and sugar and mix well using a whisk or a spatula. Then add the egg, orange zest and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift your flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Gently fold it in. Halfway through, add the oats and the add-ins and mix until you don’t see any dry flour. At this point, you can refrigerate the dough and bake it off the next day or even freeze it for longer.
- To bake the cookies, drop equal amounts of cookie dough on to the tray leaving enough space between the cookies. Slightly press the tops to flatten them a little and bake the cookies for 14-17 minutes depending on how soft or crispy you want your cookies to be.
- Once baked, let the cookies cool in the pan for around 5 minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack. Makes around 10-15 cookies depending on the size.
Wishing you all a blessed Holiday season!If you like my photography please follow me on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. I post every day on my Instagram so you won’t miss a thing. And one last thing, if you are a resident of Ahmedabad and you want to devour any of my baked goods you can contact me here and we can talk ahead.
I hope you guys try this recipe and feed your lovely self’s and family. Until next time!
These look yummy.
Thank you so much!
They look de-li-ci-ous!Check my Christmas cookies on https://tetisflakes.com/2017/12/11/greek-christmas-honey-cookies/ if you wish!
Happy holidays 🙂
Anshu Agarwal says
These are looking too good…Simply irresistible !!