I think I will never get tired of frozen desserts in any season. Ice creams and sorbets are two of my favourite things and especially if they are home-made, it’s like, THE BEST!
This recipe is extremely easy and a favourite in our home. I have used sugar and water to make a simple syrup to obtain a sorbet consistency. You may leave it out but that will yield different results. But hey! You do you, either way, mangoes will always be super delicious! Let’s get sorbet making!
400 ml fresh Mango puree
50 g sugar
50 ml water
1 small lemon
- I used an ice cream machine to make the sorbet. So, according to your manufacturer’s instructions, place the insert of your ice cream machine in the freezer.
- Puree the mangoes, I do not strain the puree. You can if you prefer so.
In a small saucepan, heat the water and sugar until the sugar is just dissolved. Add this to the pureed mangoes and mix well.
- Refrigerate this mixture for at least 8 hours.
- Once the chilling is done, take the puree and add the juice of one small lemon. Mix well.
- Churn your sorbet in the ice cream machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions on your machine.
If you do not have an ice cream machine, you can freeze this mixture in popsicle moulds and they will taste just as great!
Make it, customize it, enjoy it!
Until next time!