Long requested Chocolate Chip Cookies are here! This is the final recipe in the current collaboration I have running with Sprig. I saved my most favourite one for last, all of us at home were almost fighting for it. I always have a jar of Sprig’s Vanilla Extract, Coconut Sugar, Brown Sugar and Salted Caramel in my cupboard cause you never know when you might need some dessert lovin’.
These cookies have Sprig’s Coconut sugar which has a beautiful blend of spices. Okay… you need to get this… these cookies are seriously addictive! I mean, the spices somehow make this cookie so incredibly chewy, soft and intense, you will never know what hit you. My absolute absolute favourite way to have these cookies are warm from the oven with a tall glass of the coldest milk you can find. Beware, you don’t want to bake a lot of these alone cause, you’ll have trouble resisting the urge to eat em all.
Without further ado, I’m going to get straight to the recipe.
Coconut Sugar Choco Chip Cookies
Makes: 12 large cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 13 minutes
100 g soft butter (I used salted because I like the flavour better)
1 tbsp coconut oil
110 g Sprig Coconut Sugar
60 g Castor Sugar
1 tsp Sprig Vanilla extract
1 large egg
200 g all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
200 g Chocolate Chunks
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, coconut oil and sugars. Blend until light and fluffy.
- Now add the egg and vanilla extract and beat well.
- Sift in your flour and baking soda, fold in gently with a spatula. Halfway through mixing, add the Chocolate Chunks and mix till you do not see any dry ingredients.
- Refrigerate the dough for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 180 C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the cookies onto the tray, leave space between the cookies as they will spread. Bake for 13 minutes, until the edges of the cookies, turn light golden brown.
- You can also scoop the dough out and freeze it to bake off later. The dough stays perfectly well in the freezer for up to 4-5 weeks.
Until next time!