Hey guys! So ever since I posted the picture of my roasted plum ice cream, I have been receiving DMs and Messages non stop about the recipe. So here it is! My incredibly easy, delicious and healthy roasted plum ice-cream recipe.
Before I get to it. I just wanted to talk about how incredibly liberating it is to learn something, just cause you want to. No exams, no assignments, no need to prove something to someone. Just for your sheer pleasure. I think it’s one of the best things you can do for yourself. I have been an artistic person since birth, I have always loved sketching, painting, lettering and abstract drawing. I always love scribbling something at the back of my notebook and I do it just for myself. So recently when I stumbled upon Skillshare I knew I was at the right place! It is such a wonderful platform with SO MANY incredible classes. There’s literally something for everyone. I have honestly taken so many classes already I have my notes filled with incredible information about not just improving my Photography and Blog. But I also took up classes on lettering, drawing and painting and it has been a blast. I highly encourage you to check it out. No matter what you do, if you want to learn something new or improve your skills, Skillshare is truly a very good starting point before investing a lot of money in some online class. I have a link for you, if you click here and use my code “igamb1783” then you will get a free Skillshare premium for 2 MONTHS. Its truly a deal you cannot refuse. Do check it out.
Now let’s get to the recipe.
A few things to keep in mind.
- I used imported plums in this recipe, they have a really dark, sweet flesh that add the colour you see in the pictures. I have not used any type of food colouring it’s all the plums. So if you can find the dark variety, please use that. Other varieties will work just fine, you may not get the dark colour however.
- the amount of sweetener you use is upto your preference, I didn’t use too much because my plums were sweet enough and I like the slight tartness it gives.
- I don’t use an ice-cream machine so I let the ice-cream sit out for a few minutes before I scoop and serve cause it’s just a little hard. On the other hand if you have a machine and you want to churn it, you may do so according to your package instructions.
Roasted Plum Ice-cream (Dairy free/Refined sugar free/Vegan)
- 250 g plums seeds removed
- 30 g dark brown sugar
- 300 ml coconut cream
- 50 ml maple syrup/honey
- 1/4 pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- In a baking dish, preferably one with a rim, add the clean and pitted plums along with the brown sugar, toss them well. Roast for about 25-30 minutes till the juices are released and thickened.
- Let the plums cool completely.
- In a blender add the coconut cream, cooled roasted plums along with the juices, maple syrup, salt and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Taste the mixture and add more sweetener if you need to.
- Pour into a freezer safe container and freeze for 8-10 hours or overnight. Serve!