The last two months have been extremely weird and interesting in my life. The kind that makes you think, “I wasn’t going to do this at all! What is happening? Hello? Life? What are you up to?”
I have been caught up with my office work for the most part, which is extremely interesting. I have been learning a lot of new things, reading a lot and the best part, I have been singing and revisiting my old love for music. I just got my new Ukulele two days back! So exciting! I have plans of posting some music on my Instagram, let’s see how that goes haha!
I have a very easy, extremely delicious recipe for you today that requires minimal ingredients and involves no baking! To top it off… It is EGGLESS! Yes, you heard that right! So many of you have been asking me for more and more eggless recipes and yes, I hear ya!
This chocolate mousse cake is extremely rich, decadent and chocolatey. It takes very little effort, but you will be extremely happy with the results.
It is SUPER important to use heavy cream with at least 30% milk fat. I have tried using a lighter fresh cream, the cake does not set properly. So please use a heavy whipping cream in this recipe. There is no substitute for it.
Eggless Chocolate Mousse Cake
For the crust:
- 240 g crush oreos (with the filling)
- 40 ml melted salted butter
- 400 ml heavy whipping cream
- 300 g 55% Dark chocolate (melted and cooled to room temperature)
- 1 tsp strong coffee
- 40 g caster sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
Make the crust:
- Pulverise the oreo biscuits in a food processor till they become a fine powder.
- Add this to a bowl and pour the melted butter. Mix till all the crumbs are coated and moistened.
- Take a 9-inch spring form pan and press this mixture into an even layer. Make sure that you press it tight.
Make the filling:
- Melt your chocolate in a microwave. Let it cool to room temperature/lukewarm is fine. Set aside.
- Make sure your cream, bowl and whipping attachment of the beater are ice-cold.
- Whip the cream till it reaches stiff peaks, it will take anywhere between 5-8 minutes.
- Add the coffee, sugar, vanilla and salt to the whipped cream and fold it in.
- Now gently add the room temperature chocolate in two halves and fold it in with a spatula.
- Now pour this fluffy mixture into the spring form pan and even it out.
- Keep the pan in the freezer for at least 5 hours.
- Once set, you can release the cake from the pan after running a knife through the edges. You can also make a chocolate ganache with equal parts cream and chocolate and pour on top.
Leave a Reply