This is the absolute best Vanilla Cake recipe. It is eggless, it does not use condensed milk and is so easy to make. The best part is, it is soft as a cloud, super fluffy and tastes absolutely delicious! Also, it uses LESS THAN 10 INGREDIENTS! Need I say more?
SOME VERY IMPORTANT POINTS TO KEEP IN MIND:
Why do I need to beat the butter and sugar for so long?
This is the most important step in this recipe if you do not whip the butter and sugar for five minutes or as long as it is light and fluffy your cake will not have the texture of a classic sponge cake.
ALSO, your butter has to be soft and pliable. Melted butter will not work in this recipe.
This is how you mixture should look like, super airy and fluffy
Can I use only oil in this recipe?
Sorry, but no. The main reason for the texture of the cake is using the butter and sugar. The oil is only added for a little extra moisture.
Which mini loaf pan did you use from Instagram and how many loaves does this recipe make?
I will mention the pan with the products below, this recipe makes 3 mini loaves.
Can I use normal sugar?
If you mean normal table sugar with the large granules Then no. You need to use either superfine caster sugar or Grind regular sugar into powder and then use it in this recipe.
Please help with the baking time
Every oven is different. I would recommend that you keep an eye on the cake after 25 minutes because if you use a 6 inch pan it might take a little longer to bake, if you use a 7 inch pan it might take less time. Overall the cake will rise and the top will look cooked and not wet. A toothpick inserted in the center of the cake will come out clean.
If the batter on top looks wet and jiggly, then don’t insert the toothpick, the cake will sink. Just bake for 4-5 more minutes and then check.
Can I double this recipe?
Yes you can but when you double the recipe and change the pan size please make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.
It is important to use good quality vanilla extract in this recipe. I will mention my recommendations below.
Basic Eggless Vanilla Cake
- 150 g all purpose flour 1 cup +2 tablespoons
- 100 g superfine sugar 1/2 cup
- 50 g butter full 1/4 cup – SOFTENED not melted and I used salted butter
- 1 tbsp oil I used sunflower
- 187 gram milk (3/4 cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp baking soda scant
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vinegar or freshly squeezed lemon juice
A pinch of salt if using unsalted butter
- Grease and Line a 6 inch round cake pan. Preheat your oven to 175°C
- In a small bowl add the milk along with the vinegar or lemon juice, mix it and set it aside.
- In a separate bowl sift all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and baking soda). Set aside.
- In a bowl add the softened butter, oil and sugar and using a handheld whisk or mixer whip the butter, oil and sugar for a minimum of five minutes or until very light and fluffy. This is an important step do not skip.
- Add half of the dry ingredients and gently fold it into the butter mixture just until slightly incorporated
- Now add the milk and vinegar mixture along with the vanilla into this and continue folding gently, it is okay if the batter looks weird, you don’t have to fold more than 5-6 times.
- Finish with the remaining dry ingredients and keep folding the batter gently till it is fully incorporated.
- If the batter looks too stiff then you can add 2-3 tablespoons of more milk and gently fold it in. Be careful not to overmix.
- Pour this into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes depending on your oven. When a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean, the cake is ready.
- Let it cool for a minimum of 20 minutes in the pan before inverted on a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!