This is the absolute best Vanilla Cake recipe. It is eggless, it does not use condensed milk and is so easy to make. The best part is, it is soft as a cloud, super fluffy and tastes absolutely delicious! Need I say more?
SOME VERY IMPORTANT POINTS TO KEEP IN MIND:
Which mini loaf pan did you use from Instagram and how many loaves does this recipe make?
I will mention the pan with the products below, this recipe makes 3 mini loaves.
Can I use normal sugar?
If you mean normal table sugar with the large granules Then no. You need to use either superfine caster sugar or Grind regular sugar into powder and then use it in this recipe.
Please help with the baking time
Every oven is different. I would recommend that you keep an eye on the cake after 25 minutes because if you use a 6 inch pan it might take a little longer to bake, if you use a 7 inch pan it might take less time. Overall the cake will rise and the top will look cooked and not wet. A toothpick inserted in the center of the cake will come out clean.
If the batter on top looks wet and jiggly, then don’t insert the toothpick, the cake will sink. Just bake for 4-5 more minutes and then check.
Can I double this recipe?
Yes you can but when you double the recipe and change the pan size please make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.
It is important to use good quality vanilla extract in this recipe. I will mention my recommendations below.
Basic Eggless Vanilla Cake
- 170 g All purpose flour
- 1.5 tbsp cornstarch/cornflour
- 100 g caster/powdered sugar (I use powdered)
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp milk powder optional
- 80 ml flavourless oil (I use sunflower)
- 185 ml milk
- 1 tsp vinegar white or apple-cider
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease and line a 7-inch round cake tin. Preheat your oven to 180 C.
- In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornflour, milk powder (if using) and salt. Set it aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk the oil & sugar for 1-2 minutes. Now, add the milk, vinegar & vanilla. Using a whisk, mix vigorously till the liquids come together and the mixture looks homogenous.
- Once the liquids are mixed, add the sifted dry ingredients into the milk & oil mixture. Whisk till it is well combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for roughly 26-30 minutes, depending on your oven. A skewer inserted in the centre of the cake will come out clean once baked.
- Let the cake cool completely before slicing & decorating.
The cake looks divine. Just one query. Sponge calls for Butter, but recipe only mentions oil. Can you please clarify that?
Hi! Thank you so much! <3 & thank you again for pointing out the error. I had a big problem when I was running my yearly maintenance on the website so when I restored it some of the old & new information got mixed up. I have edited it. This recipe has to be made with oil. Thanks again 🙂
ruchita singh Rawat says
Where is the butter in recipe?
Hi! <3 I have edited it out, the recipe needs oil & not butter. I had a glitch on the website where I lost all the recipes & on restore my old & new text got a bit mixed up.