Blueberry and Almond Cake.
So I suppose by now you know that I love Blueberries. A LOT. Hence, this cake. It has SO many blueberries, a beautiful almond flavour with a slight tang from the cream cheese, it is so good! Sometimes it’s great to have cakes with no extra work involved to assemble them and that can be presented with a generous sprinkle of icing sugar. Don’t you agree?
I used blueberries, you can use any berries or fruit of your choice in this cake, just make sure it’s not too watery.
Let’s get baking:
Blueberry and Almond Cake
100g soft room temperature unsalted butter
100g soft room temperature cream cheese
1 large egg
150g Castor Sugar
10ml Vanilla extract
1/4tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1/4tsp baking soda
120g plain flour
100g almond flour
250-270g fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- Preheat your oven to 165 C, butter and line a 7inch round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift in all the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, almond flour) Keep aside.
- In another bowl, whip the butter and cream cheese well. Then add the castor sugar, mix. Add the egg and vanilla, mix again.
- Now add half of the dry ingredients, fold in with a spatula. Add the yoghurt. Now add the blueberries into the remaining dry ingredients and gently toss them in the four. Add this to the batter and gently fold it in till you see no dry ingredients.
- Pour this batter into the cake pan and level it. Bake for about 55-60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Once baked, let the cake cool in the pan for at least 20 minutes and then remove the cake and let it cool completely.
- Serve with a generous dusting of icing sugar or with more berries or ice cream and ENJOY! Stays fresh or up to 3-4 days when covered and refrigerated.
The cake is best eaten the day it’s made.
Now you can buy the products and ingredients I use by clicking on the links on the recipe ingredients list, you can also check out the products page to know what camera, oven etc I use.
Until next time!